[mpich-devel] supporting Fortran INTEGER when it's 64b

Dave Goodell (dgoodell) dgoodell at cisco.com
Wed May 20 10:26:37 CDT 2015

On May 19, 2015, at 6:22 PM, Jeff Hammond <jeff.science at gmail.com> wrote:

> As I do not know Perl, I don't think I can contribute patches.

No time like the present to learn (though much of the perl in MPICH is not a paragon of perl best practices).

Perl is basically the Fortran 90 of scripting languages.  It's very effective for certain tasks, it's widely used & available, it's something of a dying language among younger programmers, and it requires discipline to write a readable program.  You already know plenty of Fortran badness, a little Perl won't taint you further.

-Dave