[mpich-discuss] MPI on Intel MIC

Martin Rose mrose81 at gmx.de
Tue Mar 19 02:26:04 CDT 2013

Dear all,

I want to run an MPI program on an Intel Xeon Phi accelerator (MIC). I
want to use an open source MPI library but I have not found any
information about how to compile the MPI library for MIC.

The link below leads to a paper about MVAPICH2 on MIC but the paper does
not talk about compilation of the library.
http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/publications/conf-papers/2012/potluri-tihpcs2012-paper.pdf

I have tried to compile mpich-3.0.2 with icc anf ifort using a -dmmic as
dummy flag. After running config, the dummy flag is replaced by -mmic.
This got me pretty far but I do not have libnuma for MIC so the
compilation could not complete.

The announcement of MPICH2-1.5 states that the MIC architecture is
supported.
http://www.mpich.org/2012/10/08/mpich2-1-5-released-oct-8-2012/

Can anyone describe the build process to run a program compiled with
MPICH on Intel MIC?

Greetings,
Martin