[mpich-discuss] MPI error, help needed

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 28 12:12:09 CDT 2013

Hi,
 The first error message indicates that the parameters specified to the program when running through VS is incorrect (Likely a VS configuration issue when running your code - I am assuming you are running your code as a singleton process here).
 In the second case (error message when running via command prompt), the error message indicates that you have specified a negative (or too large for an integer) count in the MPI_Scatter() call. The address of the receive buffer also looks to be NULL. You might have to debug your code or provide us more information so that we can help you.

Regards,
Jayesh