[mpich-discuss] man mpich-3.0.4

Julio Henrique juliohenrique at msn.com
Mon Sep 30 18:20:15 CDT 2013

Thank's Jeff.
I configured
MANPATH=/opt/mpich/share/man:$MANPATH
export MANPATH
in ~/.bashrc

and called 'man mpicc' for man1 e 'man MPI_Barier' for man3.

For the version I call 'mpirun --version' or 'mpiexec --version'

Thank's again.

From: jeff.science at gmail.com
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 20:19:54 -0500
To: discuss at mpich.org
Subject: Re: [mpich-discuss] man mpich-3.0.4

I struggled with this just the other day.  I could not get the build system to install the man pages despite many attempts.  I gave up and just did a manual install by copying the man subdirectory of the source into my install directory.

In any case, I don't know why "man mpich" should work.  What would that tell you?  Try "man mpicc" or "man MPI_Barrier", for example.
Perhaps with "man mpich" you are looking for something like the following?

> mpichversionMPICH Version:    	3.1b1MPICH Release date:	Thu Aug  8 10:41:27 CDT 2013

MPICH Device:    	ch3:nemesisMPICH configure: 	CC=clang CXX=clang++ FC=/bin/false --disable-fc --disable-f77 --enable-threads --enable-g --with-pm=hydra --prefix=/opt/mpich/3.1b1/clang

MPICH CC: 	clang    -g -O2MPICH CXX: 	clang++   -g -O2MPICH F77: 	no   -g

MPICH FC: 	no   -g
Jeff