[mpich-devel] MPI_Pack_external() with "long" and "double"

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 13:12:44 CST 2012

I understand external32 support is not fully implemented, but anyway I
want to raise your attention on this inconsistency. See the attached
file for code (BTW, I'm using 3.0rc1).

Using "long", I get:

$ ./a.out
Conversion of types whose size is not the same as the size in
external32 is not supported
Aborting with internal error

However, using "double", the call succeed, but a pack->unpack
roundtrip gives bad results:

$ ./a.out
a.out: pack-ext32.c:42: main: Assertion `input==output' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

Plese fire up a debugger for the latter case and check the value of
"input" before and after the unpack call, I'm not sure what's going
on.

--
Lisandro Dalcin