[mpich-devel] binding a new MPI type with fortran

Tatiana V. Martsinkevich tanya.manekineko at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 14:16:58 CDT 2013

Hello,

We are implementing some fault tolerance related functionality in
MPICH-3.0.2. We define a new MPI type in
~/mpich-3.0.2/src/include/mpi.h.in as:

  typedef void* MPI_Pattern;

then in the same file we define:

  int MPI_Pattern_declare(char* name, MPI_Pattern* handler);

However, when I run autogen.sh and fortran binding script executes it
gives out:

Pattern_declare: No parm type for MPI_Pattern* (MPI_Pattern*)
Use of uninitialized value $fparm in pattern match (m//) at
./buildiface line 1289, <FD> line 1710.

As far as I understand it doesn't know what would be a corresponding
fortran type for MPI_Pattern (?) so it can't create a fortran
interface of the function. I cannot figure out how to resolve this.

with best regards,
Tatiana