[mpich-devel] /usr/local/Cellar/mpich2/3.0.4/include/mpi.h:116:56: error: expected identifier static const MPI_Datatype mpich_mpi_char MPICH_ATTR_TYPE_T...

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 03:42:05 CST 2013

On 30 November 2013 00:43, Jeff Hammond <jeff.science at gmail.com> wrote:
> A fellow GA user is having trouble with GA 5.2 on Mavericks with MPICH
> 3.0.4  We have tried many things, including switching from Clang to
> GCC and all sorts of different configure options.  There appears to be
> some issue with GCC on Mac (goto X) that makes linking MPICH break.
>
> I cannot reproduce this error because I neither have Intel Fortran on
> any Mac nor have I upgraded to Mavericks.

Can you ask your fellow to install like this?:

$ brew install mpich2 --enable-shared

A friend of mine has similar issues when using static libraries,
however I remember this was also related to Python distutils from the
Anaconda Python distribution insisting on using an old OS X deployment
target.

> First, is there a Mavericks Mac in MCS to which I can SSH in order to
> test the non-ifort part of this?  Even better if said Mac has ifort...
>
> Second, can someone help me resolve the MPICH_ATTR_TYPE_TAG issues?

Ask your fellow to make sure to have the latest Xcode, "brew doctor"
will tell. I've been having this issue a few month ago, it was related
to a know clang issue that eventually got fixed in latest Xcode.

--
Lisandro Dalcin