[mpich-devel] Future of MPE?

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 15 17:07:47 CDT 2013

Jeff,

There are a couple of things to be done in MPE:

1. The const bindings need to be added to bring it to MPI-3.  Without this, it won't build.

2. The new MPI functions need to be added.  This is a lower priority if people only need the MPI-2 functionality.

3. The tools that come with MPE (e.g., the coll checker) need to be updated for MPI-3.  This is also a lower priority if people only need MPI-2.

There is also some more cleanup that's needed (e.g., build system).

Unfortunately, it's not on our priority list right now, given that there are many other MPI-3 features that need improvement.  That's taking up all of our development bandwidth.  But if someone is willing to work on it, we'll be happy to help out.

  -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji