[mpich-devel] ROMIO for Lustre

Jaln valiantljk at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 23:21:19 CDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure, whether the lustre or the MPI forum is the right place for my
question.

The question is about the ROMIO optimization on Lustre,
In one SC'08 paper,
http://users.eecs.northwestern.edu/~wkliao/PAPERS/fd_sc08_revised.pdf<https://mail.ttu.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=yUmbVUH4hUWLFEWFA2GcoiKOEhnhitAIatZfGT92-aN2MTXitjDjPgfE9EfJkJF9q3XAaOQ_iME.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fusers.eecs.northwestern.edu%2f%7ewkliao%2fPAPERS%2ffd_sc08_revised.pdf>
, it's said that the way ROMIO assigns the file domains to I/O aggregators
will not make two aggregators access the same OST.

In my understanding, this means, the data locality on Lustre layer has been
taken care of in the ROMIO, such that the aggregators will not
have competition on the same OST.

My question is "is this optimization used in all current lustre system,
e.g., Hopper at NERSC?"

Thanks,

Jailin Liu
Ph. D student