[mpich-devel] detecting mpirun mismatch

Larry Baker baker at usgs.gov
Tue Apr 22 17:01:47 CDT 2014

This seems like a good suggestion for the kind of sanity checking that an mpirun could do, though I'm sure how.  If an executable is statically linked, there would have to be some kind of signature that mpirun could deduced from, e.g., "strings" on the executable.  Or, mpirun and the MPI library could cooperate, e.g., mpirun could define some environment variable that MPI_Init() validated.  This could be spoofed, I suppose.  But, a simplistic implementation might be all that is required to satisfy Jeff's request.

Larry Baker
US Geological Survey
650-329-5608
baker at usgs.gov