[mpich-devel] --enable-wrapper-rpath not working

Kenneth Raffenetti raffenet at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 17 14:18:28 CST 2014

AFAICT, the Darwin linker includes the full path to all dynamic
libraries needed by the library by default. Rpath flags shouldn't be
strictly necessary.

mpich-mac1:pt2pt raffenet$ otool -L large_message
large_message:
	/Users/raffenet/mpich/i/lib/libmpi.0.dylib (compatibility version
1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
	/Users/raffenet/mpich/i/lib/libpmpi.0.dylib (compatibility version
1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 1213.0.0)

The concept of rpath was added in OSX 10.4 apparently, but I don't see
much in the way of adoption in other open source projects. Are your
binaries running into library not found issues?

Ken