[mpich-devel] --enable-wrapper-rpath not working

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 07:36:11 CST 2014

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Kenneth Raffenetti
<raffenet at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> We've got an open bug related to using the Intel Fortran compiler on OSX.
>
> http://trac.mpich.org/projects/mpich/ticket/2024
>
> What's missing from that bug description is that it appears that the
> convenience libraries (mpl, romio, etc.) are not properly embedded when
> linking with ifort on OSX. Your error output below is consistent with this
> issue. Is it possible to disable fortran in your MPICH build in this
> instance? That would at least confirm the source of the problem.

I don't know that you understand what you're asking.  Asking a quantum
chemist to disable Fortran is like asking Bret Michaels to disable
bandanas and groupies with low morals!

Anyways, I can do this, and I even have a special hook so that I can
compile NWChem on Mac without MPI Fortran support because I often use
MPI built with LLVM.

It is rather obnoxious that a Fortran issue would break the C/C++
wrappers though.

Jeff Hammond
jeff.science at gmail.com
http://jeffhammond.github.io/