[mpich-devel] P states and MPI

Jeff Hammond jhammond at anl.gov
Fri Jan 17 10:23:30 CST 2014

Thanks Bill.  I agree with your assessment.  If this is the type of
thing that pays off in practice, then it seems to argue for the
necessary policy changes.

Bronis - What impresses me about this is the ease at which it can
deployed.  For the codes for which it reduces power consumption, it's
free joules.  If it doesn't, there is nothing lost.  If your code is
similarly portable and easy to deploy, then I'll have to evaluate
which one is more effective for the relevant workload.

Best,

Jeff

--
Jeff Hammond