[mpich-devel] win_shared_noncontig test

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 03:51:46 CDT 2014

On 17 June 2014 01:55, Dave Goodell (dgoodell) <dgoodell at cisco.com> wrote:

> This OMPI bug may be of note to the MPICH community:
> https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/ticket/4721

​From a user point of view, I do not like that behaviour. I agree that the
MPI implementation is free to allocate as much space it is convenient, but
the size it reports back after a query is a different story. Does the MPI
standard requires that the result query of the query is the exact allocated
size? If not, I see more convenient to return the requested-at-allocation-
time size the the allocated one. What's the use case of returning the exact
allocated size? After all, I guess users cannot rely on "extra space" being
available at the end of the buffer.

--
Lisandro Dalcin