[mpich-devel] Travis CI for MPICH

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 23:56:54 CST 2015

 mpich-review/travis-ci (public version is
https://github.com/jeffhammond/mpich/tree/travis-ci) has a relatively
simple implementation of of Travis CI for MPICH using container
infrastructure.  You can see the results at
https://travis-ci.org/jeffhammond/mpich.  I'm only testing GCC+Linux right
now, but it can easily be expanded to test Mac, Clang, etc.

I know that MPICH currently relies upon Jenkins, which makes sense for
Argonne on a number of levels.  However, if there are any third-party
developers using Github, Travis CI integration is a feature for them.

If this feature is not merged, it won't bother me at all.  Anyone that
wants the Travis bits can get them from my Github repo and trivially merge
the two files into any MPICH fork hosted on Github.  The same
infrastructure should work for MVAPICH2 as well, FWIW.

Best,

Jeff Hammond
jeff.science at gmail.com
http://jeffhammond.github.io/