[mpich-devel] Two issues with MPI_File error handling

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Thu May 7 11:34:35 CDT 2015

On 7 May 2015 at 18:44, Rob Latham <robl at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>> 1) MPI_File_call_errhandler(file, value) should return MPI_SUCCESS
>> instead of value under normal operation (as the MPI spec says), and
>> particularly if the error handler is set to MPI_ERRORS_RETURN. This
>> bug is trivial to fix.
>

> Trivial to fix...if we only had to worry about  C and Fortran!

I'm probably missing something here, so I have to ask.

I said this was "trivial to fix" for the particular case of
MPI_ERRORS_RETURN. How should C++ bindings behave in case
MPI_ERRORS_RETURN is set? In other cases, I agree with you, fixing
this beast is not easy. However, you have a point about C++ bindings
being deprecated.

--
Lisandro Dalcin

4700 King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
al-Khawarizmi Bldg (Bldg 1), Office # 4332
Thuwal 23955-6900, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
http://www.kaust.edu.sa

Office Phone: +966 12 808-0459