[mpich-devel] Two issues with MPI_File error handling

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Fri May 8 04:04:02 CDT 2015

On 7 May 2015 at 22:00, Rob Latham <robl at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Thanks for reporting these two issues.  These two patches (attached) address
> your test case, but it's a part of the code I don't play in often, so I'm
> going to need a review on them before committing:

Rob, I think you patch 2 is not right. It will endup calling the error
handler set in COMM_WORLD. So if you set the FATAL errhandler in a
file, but the RETURNS in comm world, then things will not work as
expected.

I think a better approach would be to somehow call

handleFatalError(NULL, "MPI_File_call_errhandler", errorcode);

in errutil.c, but that would require some code refactoring to access
that function.

--
Lisandro Dalcin

4700 King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
al-Khawarizmi Bldg (Bldg 1), Office # 4332
Thuwal 23955-6900, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
http://www.kaust.edu.sa

Office Phone: +966 12 808-0459