[mpich-devel] autogen.sh libtool version mismatch

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 08:54:11 CST 2015

autogen.sh fails because it says I need "version 2.4.3 or higher required",
but I have version 2.4.3 (see below).  i upgraded to 2.4.6 and the problem
went away.

Anyways, this isn't a blocker but it seems to be weird logic that it
happens.

Jeff

[jrhammo at bowman-rps git]$ ./autogen.sh

####################################

## Replicating confdb (and similar)

####################################

syncing 'src/mpl' --> 'src/pm/hydra/mpl'

syncing 'confdb' --> 'src/mpi/romio/confdb'

syncing 'confdb' --> 'src/mpl/confdb'

syncing 'confdb' --> 'src/pm/hydra/confdb'

syncing 'confdb' --> 'src/pm/hydra/mpl/confdb'

syncing 'confdb' --> 'test/mpi/confdb'

####################################

## Checking user environment

####################################

Verifying the location of autogen.sh... done

Checking if autotools are in the same location... yes, all in
/storage/home_intel/jrhammo/TOOLS

Checking for autoconf version... >= 2.67

Checking for automake version... >= 1.15

Checking for libtool version... bad libtool installation

You either do not have libtool in your path or it is too old

(version 2.4.3 or higher required). You may be able to use

     libtool --version

Unfortunately, there is no standard format for the version output and

it changes between autotools versions.  In addition, some versions of

autoconf choose among many versions and provide incorrect output).

[jrhammo at bowman-rps git]$ libtool --version

libtool (GNU libtool) 2.4.3

Written by Gordon Matzigkeit, 1996

Jeff Hammond
jeff.science at gmail.com