[mpich-devel] ABI Compatibility Initiative

Balaji, Pavan balaji at anl.gov
Sun Feb 7 11:02:33 CST 2016

Thank you, Andrey.  This is great and very helpful.

One small comment -- the ABI compatibility initiative is only for MPI_ functionality (i.e., functionality that is a part of the MPI standard).  So the removal of MPIX_ functionality (MPICH-specific extensions) is not considered ABI breakage in our case.  If you could screen out MPIX_ functionality in your list, it might more accurately depict where we stand.

In mpich-3.2, you are right that we added a bunch of new functions.  If you need some notes on that, we moved from MPI-3.0 to MPI-3.1 in that release, which added some additional functions.

Would you mind if we added this link to our ABI page?

Thanks,

  -- Pavan