[mpich-devel] ignoring status cost

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Fri May 27 08:40:34 CDT 2016

This was the motivation, more than avoiding declaring a variable that was never read in the user’s program.  There was evidence for this from Intel in the early ‘90s, though I don’t know if anyone has looked into it recently.

Bill

William Gropp
Director, Parallel Computing Institute
Thomas M. Siebel Chair in Computer Science
Chief Scientist, NCSA
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign