[mpich-devel] [mpich-intel] Sessions Considering Changing MPI_COMM_WORLD

Bland, Wesley wesley.bland at intel.com
Tue Oct 31 11:33:55 CDT 2017

That would probably be a better solution than what I mentioned above. Essentially it does the thing that we often said was possible, though we never did, which was to not actually initialize MPI_COMM_WORLD until we used it. In theory, that seemed like a good idea, but it wouldn't actually help anything because it would still require MPI_COMM_WORLD to be created sooner or later because everything gets created from it.