[mpich-devel] Testing MPICH mpi_f08

Damian Rouson damian at sourceryinstitute.org
Tue Apr 2 14:14:34 CDT 2019

The upcoming GCC 9 release will contain the first version of gfortran that
provides the Fortran 2018 ISO_Fortran_binding.h header file, which MPICH
requires in order to build MPI 3's mpi_f08 module.  If anyone is interested
in testing, please checkout the current GCC trunk and submit any related
issues to the gfortran developers at fortran at gcc.gnu.org.  Alternatively,
if its easy to explain how to run any related tests in the MPICH test
suite, please let me know.  So far, I have verified that mpi_f08.mod gets
installed when MPICH is built with a recent checkout of the gfortran trunk.

I'm cc'ing Paul Thomas, who contributed the ISO_Fortran_binding patch to
gfortran under contract for Sourcery Institute.

Damian