[mpich-discuss] mpich2-1.5 build error

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Dec 17 23:22:08 CST 2012

On Dec 17, 2012, at 10:52 PM CST, Ling Wang wrote:

> I am getting this error on my
> Ubuntu 12.10. (on both of my machines with an AMD and Intel CPUs)
>
> mpich2-1.5/src/binding/f90/create_f90_real.c:73:23: error: expected
> expression before ',' token
>
> attached please find c.txt and m.txt files.

It looks like you have g77 installed (as fort77) but no modern fortran compiler (such as gfortran).  For some reason, this causes some configure logic related to unnamed predefined MPI datatypes (e.g., f90 types created by MPI_Type_create_f90_real) to fail, but in a non-fatal way.

You might be able to get it working by either:

1) passing "--disable-fc" to configure

OR

2) installing a "Fortran 90" compiler (really any modern Fortran compiler), such as gfortran.  You may also want to consider using modern compiler as the F77 compiler.

-Dave