[mpich-discuss] Create account for bug tracker

n n chforsp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 14:06:59 CST 2012

Ok.
Here is detailed explanation.
There is example 5.22 on page 182 in mpi22-report.pdf, which can be found
here http://www.mpi-forum.org/docs/docs.html

Here is test code http://pastebin.com/ZhYfhDVK (same code here
http://www.everfall.com/paste/id.php?0b7mgk2zh0xg, just in case)

If i run this code using openmpi in archlinux, i get the following result
(as expected, in accordance with info from mpi22-report.pdf).

mpicc code.c -o openmpi_version (mpicc from openmpi package, mpich is not
installed in archlinux)
mpirun -n 8 ./openmpi_version
0       0 1.000000
1       0 2.000000
2       1 1.000000
3       1 2.000000
4       1 3.000000
5       0 1.000000
6       0 2.000000
7       1 1.000000 <===== 1, as expected
But if i run this code using mpich2 in ubuntu 10.04, (mpich package version
1.2.1.1), i get unexpected result. It was also tested in
mpich2-1.4.1p1 and mpich2-1.5
in Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.04.2 respectively.
mpicc code.c -o mpich_version (mpicc from mpich2 package, openmpi is not
installed in ubuntu)
mpirun -n 8 ./mpich_version
0       0 1.000000
1       0 2.000000
2       1 1.000000
5       0 1.000000
3       1 2.000000
4       1 3.000000
6       0 2.000000
7       1 3.000000 <===== expected to be 1

Also, in openmpi version output is sorted, in accordance with code in lines
60-73 (see pastebin), but in mpich2 this does not work as expected too.