[mpich-discuss] determinism in collectives

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 12 21:35:28 CST 2012

The MPI standard does not guarantee this.  For example, an
implementation could use topology-aware reductions or an MPI_ANY_SOURCE
while waiting for messages from peers making the order in which the
reduction operations are applied different for each run.

 -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji