[mpich-discuss] determinism in collectives

Jeff Hammond jhammond at alcf.anl.gov
Mon Nov 12 21:47:29 CST 2012

Yes, what I was saying before is that we know that MPI on Blue Gene/Q
drops into the MPICH2 algorithm for MPI_Reduce on for
MPI_DOUBLE_COMPLEX with MPI_SUM on irregular communicators and that
MPIC_Send and MPIC_Recv do not change their behavior on this machine,
so whatever is true of stock MPICH2 1.4 is true for MPI on Blue
Gene/Q.

This confirms what we suspected, which is that BGQ-MPI has
deterministic reductions in this case because MPICH2 does.

Jeff