[mpich-discuss] Error when running

Will Dixon dixonwille at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 08:12:35 CST 2012

I am making a cluster for Francis Marion University and can't figure out
how to get rid of this error. I understand what it is stating. A proxy is
created but it can't find it once created. I think it isn't creating a
proxy. The other errors seem to roll off errors from the proxy error. I
tried looking up PMI but could find anything relative.
I get this error every time I try to use mpirun -np 6 ./hello I have 6
ibook g3's that have powerpc processors and a headnode that is a tower that
runs intel. I installed mpich2 on the headnode and on one of the slaves. I
copied the slave's mpich to the others. I am able to ssh without any
password to the slaves using rsa. my HYDRA_HOST_FILE environment variable
is /mpich2/hosts

[mpiexec at headnode] HYD_pmcd_pmiserv_proxy_init_cb
(./pm/pmiserv/pmiserv_cb.c:529): cannot find proxy with ID 33554432
[mpiexec at headnode] HYDT_dmxu_poll_wait_for_event
(./tools/demux/demux_poll.c:77): callback returned error status
[mpiexec at headnode] HYD_pmci_wait_for_completion
(./pm/pmiserv/pmiserv_pmci.c:196): error waiting for event
[mpiexec at headnode] main (./ui/mpich/mpiexec.c:325): process manager error
waiting for completion

I am able using c3 to run cexecs 'date' and they all return a date no
problem. my /mpich2/hosts looks like:

node01
node02
node03
node04
node05
node07

The headnode has two Ethernet ports one going to the internet and the other
to a switch with the slaves connected to them. They are all running Debian
Linux 6.0.6.
Help would be much appreciated.
Sincerely,
Will Dixon