[mpich-discuss] FW: MPICH2 matters

Bauer, Robert Robert.Bauer at iconplc.com
Mon Nov 26 01:20:15 CST 2012

Dear sirs:
I find that in the windows environment some of the users of our software that uses MPICH2 may have more than one version of MPICH2 installed on their system.   Therefore I am not aware of where the smpd.exe that is presently loaded comes from.  If my software launches the incorrect mpiexec, then a version mismatch notice is given.  Is there a way to enquire which version of smpd.exe is loaded at any time? smpd -version only gives the version that is closest in the PATH environment variable, and  is not necessarily the one that is loaded.

Robert J. Bauer, Ph.D.
Vice President, Pharmacometrics, R&D
ICON Development Solutions
7740 Milestone Parkway
Suite 150
Hanover, MD 21076
Tel: (215) 616-6428
Mob: (925) 286-0769
Email: Robert.Bauer at iconplc.com
Web: www.iconplc.com<http://www.iconplc.com/>

ICON plc made the following annotations.
This e-mail transmission may contain confidential or legally privileged information
that is intended only for the individual or entity named in the e-mail address. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or reliance upon the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail transmission in error, please reply to the sender, so that
ICON plc can arrange for proper delivery, and then please delete the message.
Thank You,
ICON plc
South County Business Park
Leopardstown