[mpich-discuss] mpich - windows

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 18 23:51:48 CDT 2013

On Apr 18, 2013, at 9:47 PM CDT, Richard Muddle <rlmuddle at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Windows installers for mpich haven't been release since 2.1.4.1p1 - is Windows supported for newer versions?

Not at this time.  The likelihood of support returning any time soon seems slim. Rather, it's more likely that we will further strip out Windows-specific code as that support bit rots.

> Apart from Microsoft and Intel, are there any other alternatives for Windows?

I think some versions of Open MPI have supported Windows in the past, though IIUC they are facing similar problems maintaining their Windows support at this time.  Lack of Windows expertise, funding, and general development bandwidth make supporting Windows challenging for both projects.

-Dave