[mpich-discuss] MPI_Comm_spawn info argument

Wesley Bland wbland at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 2 17:27:44 CDT 2013

To answer your second question since Pavan covered #1, once the parent application spawns the child process(es), it gets back a new communicator called an intercommunicator. You can do communication on that communicator similarly to a normal communicator including an MPI_BARRIER. So when your child is done, you can call a barrier on both ends and be sure that you're done.

Wesley