[mpich-discuss] regarding parallel programming

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Aug 17 14:19:35 CDT 2013

Urmila,

Please send all future emails to discuss at mpich.org instead of to
individual developers.

There could be a number of problems here, including possibly a firewall
between the two nodes.  Did you try disabling that?

Another possibility is that the /etc/hosts file on one or both the nodes
is messed up.  Did you check that?

There should be more information on the mpich FAQ page, which I can't
seem to reach right now.

http://wiki.mpich.org/mpich/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions

  -- Pavan

--