[mpich-discuss] Slow spawning on Window Server 2012

Wesley Bland wbland at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Aug 19 13:52:33 CDT 2013

Unfortunately, we haven't supported Windows since MPICH version 1.4.1p1. You can find out more at the FAQ page: http://wiki.mpich.org/mpich/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Q:_Why_can.27t_I_build_MPICH_on_Windows_anymore.3F

Since we don't have any test environments or Windows experts, we can't really shed any light onto why you would get this performance. You might try MS-MPI as mentioned in the FAQ post.

Thanks,
Wesley