[mpich-discuss] ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/jhammond/eclipse/MPICH2/mpich.git/build-clang/lib/.libs/libmpich.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64): /Users/jhammond/eclipse/MPICH2/mpich.git/build-clang/lib/.libs/libmpich.a

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 22:05:03 CDT 2013

>From the original post, I guess libmpich.a is the problem and perhaps
mpichversion.o.  Do you want a per-object-file analysis or is the archive
sufficient?

As far as I can tell, about a month or so ago Macports fried my development
environment and introduced some mysterious cancer that breaks everything.
 I'm a few days away from wiping the whole garbage and starting over.

Jeff

ld: warning: ignoring file lib/.libs/libmpich.a, file was built for archive
which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64): lib/.libs/libmpich.a
ld: warning: ignoring file
/Users/jhammond/eclipse/MPICH2/mpich.git/build-clang/lib/.libs/libmpich.a,
file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked
(x86_64):
/Users/jhammond/eclipse/MPICH2/mpich.git/build-clang/lib/.libs/libmpich.a
  "_MPIR_Version_CC", referenced from:
      _main in mpichversion.o
  "_MPIR_Version_CXX", referenced from:
      _main in mpichversion.o
  "_MPIR_Version_F77", referenced from:
      _main in mpichversion.o
  "_MPIR_Version_FC", referenced from:
      _main in mpichversion.o
  "_MPIR_Version_configure", referenced from:
      _main in mpichversion.o
  "_MPIR_Version_date", referenced from:
      _main in mpichversion.o
  "_MPIR_Version_device", referenced from:
      _main in mpichversion.o
  "_MPIR_Version_string", referenced from:
      _main in mpichversion.o

--
Jeff Hammond
jeff.science at gmail.com