[mpich-discuss] I have a question about using MPICH2 1.4.1p1 for Windows

Ярослав Иванов ivanov.jaroslaw at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 07:44:01 CST 2013

Hello, Pavan. But I use MPICH2 1.4.1p1 for Windows -
http://www.mpich.org/static/tarballs/1.4.1p1/mpich2-1.4.1p1-win-ia32.msi

I think, this version is for me (if I use Windows). Or
http://www.mpich.org/static/tarballs/1.4.1p1/mpich2-1.4.1p1-win-ia32.msidon't
support Windows?

2013/12/5 Pavan Balaji <balaji at mcs.anl.gov>

> Hello,
>
> Sorry, windows is not supported in mpich anymore.
>

> http://wiki.mpich.org/mpich/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Q:_Why_can.27t_I_build_MPICH_on_Windows_anymore.3F
>
>   -- Pavan
>
> On Dec 5, 2013, at 7:10 AM, Ярослав Иванов <ivanov.jaroslaw at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello! My name is Jaroslaw, I am student of CSD (Tomsk State
> University). I am using MPICH2 1.4.1p1 for Windows. It is for my exam work.
> I have trouble, but I don't know, how to question about my problem on
> http://lists.mpich.org
> >
> > I read:
> > Using discuss
> discuss at mpich.org.
> > You can subscribe to the list, or change your existing subscription, in
> the sections below.
> >
> > So, do I just send you my question and it display in
> http://lists.mpich.org ? Or no?
> >
> > So, message about problem:
> >
> > "Hello!
> >
> > I have a question about using MPICH2 1.4.1p1 for Windows.
> >
> > http://www.mpich.org/static/tarballs/1.4.1p1/mpich2-1.4.1p1-win-ia32.msi
> >
> > I recompilated examples (Visual Studio 2010) about calculating pi. So.
> If I exec program on pure C - it works fine on network of 2 machines. But,
> If I exec program on C++ - it don't work on 2 machines (but work on 1
> machine).
> >
> > When I try to exec C++ version on 2 machines, console return me next
> issue:
> > http://pastebin.com/JimcBW2N
> >
> > Thank you for your help and I sorry, if I badly use English - it is no
> my native language."

> Pavan Balaji
> http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji

С уважением, Иванов Ярослав