[mpich-discuss] Binding ranks to CPUs + Hydra-Bug

Jan Bierbaum jan.bierbaum at tudos.org
Wed Dec 18 13:02:04 CST 2013

On 18.12.2013 19:49, Ken Raffenetti wrote:
> You will have to have bindings specified for all your ranks in the case you describe.
I would like to, but whenever the list of comma-separated CPU ids
contains more values than there are CPUs in the system I get an
assertion failure.

For example:
My test system has 4 CPUs. If I try to run 'mpiexec -np 9 -bind-to
user:0,1,2,0,1,2,0,1,2 /some_path/some_binary' Hydra will crash and show
the error I pasted in my original message.

Regards, Jan