[mpich-discuss] Questions about using MPIR_proctable interface in a parallel debugger

Dave Goodell (dgoodell) dgoodell at cisco.com
Mon Dec 23 10:06:55 CST 2013

I don't have specific answers to your questions, but you might wish to refer to this document instead of the link you mention:

http://www.mpi-forum.org/docs/mpir-specification-10-11-2010.pdf

Also, depending on what you are trying to accomplish, several parallel debuggers already exist for MPI (including MPICH).  For certain kinds of debugging, I've found the freely available padb debugger to be extremely helpful:

http://padb.pittman.org.uk/

ANL folks: please consider updating that page at least mention the MPI Forum's document.

-Dave