[mpich-discuss] MPI_Send/MPI_Recv - getting delayed indeffinitely

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 26 00:59:09 CST 2013

On Dec 25, 2013, at 8:50 PM, Madhawa Bandara <madawa911 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the response. Actually I was using float as the data type in the program whereas MPI_DOUBLE is used in communication.. That has been the reason

Ok, great.

> Serializing means assigning a tag?

Not exactly.  Serializing is probably not the correct terminology here.

The problem is what I described in my response.  worker2 might send the message before worker1, in which case, it will have to wait for the master to receive worker1’s message and then process its message.  If it’s not causing performance degradation for you, don’t worry about it.

  — Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji