[mpich-discuss] Fwd: A MPICH beginner's question,

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 19 09:24:29 CST 2013

Hi,
 If you have "Win7 64bit" please use "mpich2-1.4.1p1-win-x86-64.msi" (Uninstall all other versions of MPICH2 from your machine). If you installed MPICH2 successfully you shouldn't have to run SMPD manually (See the installer's guide on how to install MPICH2 via an administrator command prompt).
 When compiling your code please specify the path to include/lib paths correctly in the VS environment. The 64-bit version of MPICH2 would get installed in "c:\Program Files\MPICH2\" directory by default.

Regards,
Jayesh