[mpich-discuss] Problem with SystemStubs under Mac OS X 10.7.5.

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Feb 23 12:57:43 CST 2013

Glad to hear you sorted it out.

Note that the newer install of MPICH put mpif90 in a different place because you specifically asked it to do so (with "--prefix=/Users/dougdommermuth/mpich2/mpich-install").  It should still be defaulting to "/usr/local" as the prefix in most cases when "--prefix=BLAH" is not specified.

-Dave

On Feb 23, 2013, at 12:41 PM CST, Douglas Dommermuth wrote:

> Hello Dave,
>
> It was a silly mistake on my part.   I had an old mpif90 in /usr/local/bin/.    The most recent release of mpich puts mpif90 in another area.    I did not realize.   I have been using mpich for so long, I did not realize the change.    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
>
> Thank you, Doug.
>
> On Feb 23, 2013, at 10:31 AM, Douglas Dommermuth wrote:
>
>> Hello Dave,
>>
>> Did I correctly configure the build:
>>
>> ./configure --prefix=/Users/dougdommermuth/mpich2/mpich-install CC=/usr/bin/icc FC=/usr/bin/ifort | & tee c.txt
>>
>> When I look at the commands that you just sent me, it seems to be pointing to an older version of Fortran, whereas my logical links are as follows:
>>
>> [dgd]% ls -al /usr/bin/ifort
>> lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  19 Feb 23 08:21 /usr/bin/ifort -> /usr/bin/ifort-13.0
>> [dgd]% ls -al /usr/bin/ifort-13.0
>> lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  42 Feb 23 08:21 /usr/bin/ifort-13.0 -> /usr/bin/ifort-13.0-base/bin/intel64/ifort
>>
>> Thank you, Doug.

>>> Did you upgrade to 10.7 (Lion) without reinstalling the Intel Fortran compiler?  Most of the google hits I'm getting about this indicate that it can happen when:
>>>
>>> 1) you have an ifort version <12.1; or
>>>
>>> 2) you installed ifort, then upgraded from 10.6 (or earlier) to 10.7 (or later).
>>>
>>> Obviously, #1 does not appear to apply to you.  So maybe #2 does?
>>>
>>> We do have some logic to add "-lSystemStubs" to the link line in certain circumstances, but your config.log file is showing that we are not doing that in your case:

>>> pac_cv_prog_f77_and_c_stdio_libs=none
>>> […]