[mpich-discuss] Maximum number of communicators

Nichols A. Romero naromero at alcf.anl.gov
Mon Feb 25 14:17:04 CST 2013

I cannot reproduce this in a simple test code. I am convinced that this is an application error. I linked the application against mpiP and I see that the calls to Comm_create >> Comm_free by two to three orders of magnitude.

The application is template C++ and I suspect that the C++ class destructor is not properly calling Comm_free.