[mpich-discuss] Deadlock in MPI_Ibarrier over ch3:sock

Jeff Hammond jhammond at alcf.anl.gov
Wed Jan 23 14:57:08 CST 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Dave Goodell <goodell at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>> Is there some test we can do to check whether ch3:sock is being used so that we can choose a safe algorithm?
>
> A run-time test that doesn't require looking at which symbols are compiled into the app?  I can't think of one off the top of my head, although I suppose we could add one in the future via either MPI_T or the new MPI_Get_library_version routine.

I think that MPI_Get_library_version is the most sensible way to do
it.  There's some precedent for this to return a lot of information:
http://blogs.cisco.com/performance/mpi-3-small-new-function-mpi_get_library_version/.

Jeff Hammond
Argonne Leadership Computing Facility
jhammond at alcf.anl.gov / (630) 252-5381