[mpich-discuss] Segmentation fault (signal 11) and Exit code 139

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 21:07:08 CDT 2013

You compiled with Intel Fortran?  That compiler puts static arrays on
the stack, unlike GNU Fortran, which puts them on the heap.  You can
either use ulimit to make the stack huge or you can look up the
compiler option for Intel that puts these arrays on the heap.

Only ancient, poorly designed Fortran 77 codes have this problem, by the way.

Jeff