[mpich-discuss] MPICH3.0.4 make fails with "No rule to make target..."

Don Warren don.warren at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 01:16:31 CDT 2013

Hello,

As requested in the installation guide, I'm informing this list of a
failure to correctly make MPICH3.0.4 on a Win7 system.  The specific error
encountered is
"make[2]: *** No rule to make target
`/cygdrive/c/FLASH/mpich-3.0.4/src/mpi/romio/Makefile.am', needed by
`/cygdrive/c/FLASH/mpich-3.0.4/src/mpi/romio/Makefile.in'.  Stop."

I have confirmed that both Makefile.am and Makefile.in exist in the
directory listed.  I'm attaching the c.txt and the m.txt files.

Possibly of interest is that the command "make clean" fails at exactly the
same folder, with exactly the same error message as shown in m.txt and
above.

Any advice you can give would be appreciated.  I'm attempting to get FLASH
running on my computer, which seems to require MPICH.

Regards,
Don Warren