[mpich-discuss] MPI_Scatter message truncated

Sufeng Niu sniu at hawk.iit.edu
Wed Jul 24 16:21:12 CDT 2013

Hi,

I apologize to post so many questions, but I got a new question here: my
program runs everything well on 1 machine right now. when I run it on two
machines, the program got error:

Fatal error in PMPI_Scatter: Message truncated,
MPIDI_CH3U_Receive_data_found(131) Message from rank 0 and tag 5 truncated.
1774000 bytes received but buffer size is 52.
MPIC_Send(59).......: Negative count, value is -32

I cannot understand how does this happened. the hello world is tested for
network link. and the program is fine running on one computer.

Thank you very much for any suggestions

--
Best Regards,
Sufeng Niu