[mpich-discuss] FW: Intel(R) MPI is not installed or unable to query the host - MBP Retina Display

Carl Stephenson c.stephenson at datam.de
Thu Jul 25 18:05:08 CDT 2013

R  o  l  l  f  o  r  m  i  n  g      t  h  e      F  u  t  u  r  e  (R)
To Whom it May Concern

I was just searching on the Internet for "Intel(R) MPI is not installed or unable to query the host" and I came across your discussion.

It seems from your thread you have been able to solve this problem on your machine?

Essentially I am using an Apple Mac Book Pro Retina with 2.7 GHZ (for mobile power of course), I don't use Bootcamp fully but Parallels for W7 and within the Windows 64 environment I am running our Software COPRA FEA RF, which is an OEM Version of MSC Marc Mentat (I work for data M).

Previously I have been running simulations very successfully and have been able to enjoy the power my MBP has brought to the table. But around January there was an update to my machine and since then I have been unable to run MPI jobs. Just so you know, I was even able to switch off hypert-hreading and run purely on 4 cores using Apples "Instruments" tool via the virtual machine to Bootcamp.

Our team of developers whom are quite advanced in this field have been unable to help me, I was wondering if you may have an idea/solution?

We can see the smpd_ install and see that its running, but when I begin a simulation I get no further..

Many thanks in advance for any help/ideas you can give me.

Kind regards

Carl Stephenson

C.Stephenson at data-m.com

 data M (UK) Sheet Metal Solutions Ltd.
Hilton Hall Business Centre
Hilton Lane | Essington | Wolverhampton
Staffordshire WV11 2BQ
ENGLAND

 Tel.: +44 (0) 845 | 463 6391
Fax: +44 (0) 845 | 463 6392
e-mail: datam at data-m.com
Internet: www.data-m.co.uk

 Registered in
England and Wales:
No. 7013753
VAT No.140 1026 80

 "COPRA" and "Rollforming the Future" are registered trademarks of data M Sheet Metal Solutions. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named recipient you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.