[mpich-discuss] Problems running MPICH jobs under SLURM

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Jun 2 21:09:37 CDT 2013

Markus,

I'm not able to reproduce this at all.  Looking through the code didn't
give any information either.  Just to make sure, are these the only
configure options you are using:

--prefix=... --enable-shared --enable-debuginfo

Also, can you run mpiexec with the -verbose option for one of the
failing tests (probably just mpiexec -n 4 ./hello) and send me the output?

  -- Pavan

On 06/02/2013 02:46 PM, Markus Geimer wrote:
> Hi Pavan,
>
>> Can you try the following:
>>
>> # Use the slurm launcher, and user-specified resources
>> % mpiexec -f hostfile -launcher slurm -n 4 ./hello
>
> Works.
>
>> # Use the ssh launcher, and user-specified resources
>> % mpiexec -f hostfile -launcher ssh -n 4 ./hello
>
> Works.
>
>> # Use the ssh launcher, and slurm-specified resources
>> % mpiexec -rmk slurm -launcher ssh -n 4 ./hello
>
> Fails.
>
>> # Use the slurm launcher, and slurm-specified resources
>> % mpiexec -rmk slurm -launcher slurm -n 4 ./hello
>
> Fails.
>
> So it seems as if the SLURM-provided host list is somehow causing
> trouble...
>
> Markus
>
> --
> Dr. Markus Geimer
> Juelich Supercomputing Centre
> Institute for Advanced Simulation
> Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
> 52425 Juelich, Germany
>
> Phone:  +49-2461-61-1773
> Fax:    +49-2461-61-6656
> E-Mail: m.geimer at fz-juelich.de
> WWW:    http://www.fz-juelich.de/ias/jsc

> Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
> 52425 Juelich
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher
> Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
> Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt

Pavan Balaji
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji