[mpich-discuss] MPICH problem

Miller, Harry CSNR:EX Harry.Miller at gov.bc.ca
Wed Jun 5 16:55:23 CDT 2013

Hello,

We are having problems after having installed the MPICH2 (32-bit) along with TauDEM 5.1  32-bit Install Package on one of our Windows Server 2008 64-bit Citrix 6.5 test severs. When registering users using the wpmiregister.exe it appears that only the admin. credentials will work and NOT Citrix regular user accounts. Is there some way to allow Citrix regular users to be able to run commands that call the TauDEM applications from the server?

For example, opening up a command prompt on the test server and typing in ...

mpiexec -n 8 pitremove -z "W:\FOR\RSI\RSI\Projects\wburt\projects\2013\006_HSCM_Boundary\data\Raster\dem25.tif" -fel "T:\test.tif"

requires users credentials to launch the processes (see screenshot below). Regular Citrix credentials don't seem to be accepted whilst my admin. ones are? Also, do we add the credentials logged in to the server as 'admin' or do individual regular users register their credentials from the Citrix server session? Our users won't have admin. accounts but they will all log into the same test server with the MPICH2 and TuaDEM 5.1 install ... and yet the processes ask for credentials even though the users are already logged in with their regular IDIR Citrix login creds.???

I registered my regular Citrix user creds. and also my admin. ones but ONLy the admin one is accepted. When I installed MPICH2 I also checked off that it be available to everyone. But we still get the Aborting: Unable to connect message???

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CE61FA.800DCF30]

Thank you in advance for a reply.

H.J. Miller
Spatial Technology Analyst | Infrastructure Services Section
Information Management Branch (IMB)
Phone: 250-356-5217 | FAX: 250-953-3493 | E-Mail: Harry.Miller at gov.bc.ca<mailto:Harry.Miller at gov.bc.ca>
Corporate Services For The Natural Resources Sector (CSNR)<http://gww.nrs.gov.bc.ca/csnr/>