[mpich-discuss] MPE is available in mpich-3.0.4 ? rlog doesn't work in configure process.

fernando_luz fernando_luz at tpn.usp.br
Fri Jun 7 14:07:53 CDT 2013

Hi Rajeev,

Thanks for the answers.

I get the source code in repository, but I didn't succeed in the compile
process.
I ran the autogen.sh and after this I tried to configure my installation
and I received the following error message.

fernando_luz at TPN000300:~/git/mpe$ ./configure
--prefix=/home/fernando_luz/usr/mpe
--with-mpicc=/home/fernando_luz/usr/mpich/bin/mpicc
--with-mpilibs=/home/fernando_luz/usr/mpich/lib/
--with-mpiinc=/home/fernando_luz/usr/mpich/include/
Configuring MPE Profiling System with
'--prefix=/home/fernando_luz/usr/mpe'
'--with-mpicc=/home/fernando_luz/usr/mpich/bin/mpicc'
'--with-mpilibs=/home/fernando_luz/usr/mpich/lib/'
'--with-mpiinc=/home/fernando_luz/usr/mpich/include/'
'MPI_CC=/home/fernando_luz/usr/mpich/bin/mpicc'
'MPI_INC=/home/fernando_luz/usr/mpich/include'
'MPI_LIBS=/home/fernando_luz/usr/mpich/lib'
checking for current directory name... /home/fernando_luz/git/mpe
checking gnumake... yes using --no-print-directory
checking BSD 4.4 make... no - whew
checking OSF V3 make... no
checking for virtual path format... VPATH
User supplied MPI implmentation (Good Luck!)
checking for leftover Makefiles in subpackages ... none
checking for gcc... cc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking for cc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking whether MPI_CC has been set ...
/home/fernando_luz/usr/mpich/bin/mpicc
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... no
checking whether f77 accepts -g... no
checking whether MPI_F77 has been set ... f77
checking for the linkage of the supplied MPI C definitions ... no
configure: error:  Cannot link with basic MPI C program!
     Check your MPI include paths, MPI libraries and MPI CC compiler

Where /home/fernando_luz/usr/mpich/ is my mpi installation (MPICH-3.0.4).

I prefer to use the mpe in repository because in the site, the last
version was dated in 2010 and in the git repository the last commit was
in 2012.

Regards

Fernando