[mpich-discuss] Problems running MPICH jobs under SLURM

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 7 16:00:22 CDT 2013

On 06/07/2013 03:50 PM, Biddiscombe, John A. wrote:
> Yes, that's where I compiled and installed the nightly snapshot to. (I did a make clean and recompile of the app, though I see that only hydra needed changing ) -
> I assumed that the mpich snapshot did include the updated hydra - if not, I should redo it with the fixed hydra.
>
> I'll wipe everything and rebuild one more time just in case I messed up. Does it matter that I'm installing to a non standard location? Does it need to be on any system paths or have special privileges?

Non-standard locations are fine, as long as you use full paths to the
executables.

Just untar the nightly tarball and build from scratch.  Technically you
only need to get a new mpiexec, not the entire mpich, but it only takes
a couple of minutes to build, so it's not a big deal either way.

  -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji