[mpich-discuss] MPI server setup issue

Antonio J. Peña apenya at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 14 16:46:20 CDT 2013

Hi Sufeng,

> On Friday, June 14, 2013 04:35:39 PM Sufeng Niu wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I am a beginner on MPI programming, and right now I am working on an
MPI project. I got a few questions related to implementation issues:

> 1. when I run a simple MPI hello world on multiple nodes, (I already
installed mpich3 library on master node, mount the nfs, shared the
executable file and mpi library, set slave node to be keyless ssh), my
program was stoped there say:
> bash: /mnt/mpi/mpich-install/bin/hydra_pmi_proxy: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad
ELF interpreter: No such file or directory.
> I can not get rid of it for a long times. even though I reset everything (I
already add PATH=/mnt/mpi/mpich-install/bin:$PATH in .bash_profile). Do
you have any clues on this problems?

This issue may be related to mismatch between 32 and 64 bit libraries. Are
you running 64 or 32 bit operating systems in all of your nodes
consistently?

> 2. for multiple servers, each of them has 10G ethernet card. for
example, one network card address is eth5: 10.0.5.55. So if I want to
launch MPI communication through 10G network card. Should I set the
hostfile as: 10.0.5.55:$(PROCESS_NUM)? Or using iface eth5

You can address those nodes by either IP or DNS name in the hostfile,
depending on how your system is configured. Using IP addresses is
completely OK.

Best,
  Antonio